Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist
What We’re Looking For
Communication trends are changing. People want shorter, more frequent communications personalized for their life stage, and they increasingly want communications delivered via digital channels. We are looking for a Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist to help us plan and implement a new strategy that will deliver a best-in-class digital experience. Our communication goals are to help our members and employers make informed decisions about their benefits and drive awareness and adoption of online tools and services.
- Implement email strategy
- Design and implement email micro-journeys that meet customers where they are in their life stage and planning needs
- Measure and analyze communication effectiveness and optimize for performance
- Understand data to propose new opportunities for segmentation and targeted outreach
- Explore opportunities to automate communications through marketing automation platform
- Create content for use across channels
- Develop engaging content and visual assets (such as videos, photography, graphics, etc.) for emails, website, electronic newsletters and social media
- Assist with content roadmap for optimal delivery of content, channel, audience and timing
- Assist with digitizing newsletters and other publications, leveraging content across other digital channels
- Ensure consistency with branding and messaging
- Support other communication initiatives
- Help maintain website by providing updates and new content
- Produce presentations and webinars to provide education
- Support transition from direct mail to digital account notifications via email, web portal and SMS
- Drive new ideas and creativity
- Brainstorm and propose news ideas to enhance content and customer experience
- Identify communications, digital and social media trends
- Collaborate on editorial content and visuals
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field
- Three to five years of relevant digital experience, specifically email marketing & communications
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud (or other marketing automation tool) preferred
- Microsoft Office, including Outlook and PowerPoint
- Graphic design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, a strong plus
- Website content management, such as Episerver, a plus
- Project management software, such as Wrike, a plus
- Google Analytics experience a plus
- Photography and video editing experience a plus
- Strong writing skills, especially within digital channels
- Strong proofreading skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving capabilities
- High level of professionalism, ability to work well cross-functionally and independently
- Eye for design and visual storytelling, ability to convey our member’s stories through digital channels
- Ability to manage projects with minimal assistance and within deadlines
- Growth mindset, seeks opportunities to learn, accepts constructive feedback and enacts improvement
- Creative and curious, interest in staying up to date on trends
TCDRS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits with a dynamic and rewarding work environment in Austin, Texas. This is not just a job, but a chance to help thousands of Texans plan for the future.
Submit your resume to email@example.com.
Please refer to the job title in the subject of your email.
Providing Retirement for More Than 320,000 Texans
TCDRS is one of the best-funded retirement systems in the nation. Although we provide retirement benefits or “pensions” to hard-working Texans, our unique features distinguish us from traditional pension plans and keep us financially strong.
Members save for their own retirement over the length of their careers. The TCDRS benefit is based on the total final savings balance and employer matching.
Our employers pay 100% of their required contribution rate each year. This ensures that funds are there when needed.
Flexibility & Local Control
TCDRS is not a one-size-fits-all system. TCDRS employers can choose benefit levels to meet their needs and budgets.