The TCDRS office will be closed on Fri., June 18, at 2 p.m., in observance of Juneteenth.
Updating your browser will give you an optimal website experience. Learn more about our supported browsers.
Member Benefits Claims Analyst
What we need
We are looking for conscientious, analytical, focused and professionally motivated employees to join our Member Benefits team. The Member Benefits Claims Analyst is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of all core benefits including retirement, disability and survivor benefits, account updates and withdrawal payments. The Member Benefit Claims Analyst will demonstrate competency in the following areas: distribution of benefits, special credits, benefit calculations, benefit eligibility, distribution of benefits, plan options, tax issues and TCDRS governing law and regulations.
What you’ll do
- Process benefit requests for members of TCDRS — determine and assess eligibility factors and IRS requirements
- Review and approve all necessary documents required to process account changes for members, retirees and beneficiaries of the system
- Analyze detailed documentation/data to identify scenarios that may need escalation/special review
- Communicate with members and beneficiaries regarding benefit eligibility, account changes, payment disbursement, taxation issues and documentation requirements
- Use Excel to perform eligibility and benefit calculations
- Use sound judgment when processing benefits and recognize exception cases as well as bring problems forward to the team for resolution
- Recommend changes to processes and procedures to enhance efficiency
- Maintain the ability to interpret and apply TCDRS rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Follow TCDRS confidentiality guidelines in all verbal and written communications
- Promote teamwork and communicate effectively with all team members (share knowledge, work with team members to resolve problems and develop solutions)
- Evaluate and prioritize workflow based on deadlines
What you should have
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Four years of work experience with strong analytical, judgment and critical thinking/problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and completing work with high degree of accuracy
- Advanced skills in Windows-based technology systems, including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Advanced written and verbal skills
- Strong independent thinking and time management skills plus the capability to effectively prioritize and evaluate situations
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment shaped by constant change and innovation
- Prior experience analyzing and processing insurance or other benefit claims is a plus
What you’ll get
TCDRS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits with a dynamic, stable and pleasant work environment in Austin, Texas, overlooking Zilker Park. Though candidates are required to live in the Austin area (so they can attend required, in-person meetings at times), this position can be 100% remote, 100% in the office or a combination of the two. This is not just a job, but a chance to help thousands of Texans plan for the future.
Submit your resume to email@example.com.
Please refer to the job title in the subject of your email.