The TCDRS office will be closed on Fri., June 18, at 2 p.m., in observance of Juneteenth.
Updating your browser will give you an optimal website experience. Learn more about our supported browsers.
Member Services Representative (20 hours/week)
What we need
We are looking for conscientious, focused and professionally motivated employees to join our Member Services team. A passion for helping others is a must. The primary purpose of our Member Services Representative is to provide quality information and services that are appropriate to the needs of TCDRS members, employers and stakeholders primarily via telephone, but also in person and via other communication channels. The Member Services team receives more than 115,000 calls a year.
What you’ll do
- Work 20 hours per week (with a daily, 30-minute lunch) to help cover our peak times:
- Monday and Tuesday – 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday and Thursday – 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Communicate information about TCDRS benefits, services, administrative policies, and tax issues primarily via telephone, but also in person and via other communication channels
- Handle and analyze customer inquiries, respond to customer requests, determine eligibility for benefits, and investigate and resolve customer problems
- Update customer data and document call information
- Provide written correspondence with approved document templates.
- Calculate and produce basic member benefit estimates
- Suggest and participate in implementing initiatives to improve Member Services effectiveness
- Work toward becoming a Certified Retirement Counselor through the International Foundation for Retirement Education
What you should have
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in customer service, preferably in insurance, banking or retirement
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Interpersonal skills necessary to listen empathetically while conveying courtesy, patience and confidence with all customers
- Ability to stay organized, calm and constructive when handling stressful situations
- Strict adherence to work and break schedules; ability to work occasional overtime, weekends or extended hours as needed to manage team workload
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
What you’ll get
TCDRS offers a competitive salary and excellent health benefits with a dynamic, stable and pleasant work environment in Austin, Texas, overlooking Zilker Park. Though candidates are required to live in the Austin area (so they can attend required in-person meetings at times), this position can be 100% remote, 100% in the office or a combination of the two. This is not just a job, but a chance to help thousands of Texans plan for the future.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to the job title in the subject of your email.