Updating your browser will give you an optimal website experience. Learn more about our supported browsers.
Annual Statements are now available online. Members can access them when they sign into their online accounts.
For more information about Annual Statements and our most frequently asked questions, please visit our webpage.
Network Security Administrator
What we need
TCDRS is in the process of maturing its security posture through the acquisition, deployment and refinement of new and existing security technologies. Through a process of continuous improvement, we seek to enhance our current suite of tools, as well as research and deploy new technologies that will maintain the security and integrity of TCDRS data and assets. The security team aims to provide a high standard of service to the organization as it monitors and reacts to the threat landscape of modern IT Security.
We are looking for a highly motivated Network Security Administrator. In this role, you will work alongside a team to perform daily network and security-related administrative tasks, as well as develop, plan, and execute projects that enhance TCDRS security objectives. Your duties will include being an escalation point for security-related technical support, root cause analysis, process improvement recommendations and maintaining any IT infrastructure related to networking and security.
What you'll do
- Defend systems against unauthorized access, modification or destruction
- Manage and configure Hybrid Azure Active Directory, Office 365 and mail-related security tools
- Assist with configuring and supporting network security tools such as Firewalls, EDR/Anti-Virus Software, SIEM, DLP, CASB, Web Filtration, Mobile Device Management and Patch Management tools
- Monitor endpoints and network traffic for vulnerabilities and unusual activity
- Assist with implementation of network security policies, application security, access control and corporate data safeguards
- Developing and updating business continuity and disaster recovery protocols
- Work with fellow employees to keep them up to date on security awareness, policies and procedures
- Clearly communicate escalated issues to the Security Team Lead as needed.
- Develop security-related processes and documentation for continuous improvement
- Lead internal security projects as assigned by the Security Team Lead
- Participate in disaster recovery operations, configurations and annual rehearsals
- Help drive decisions collaboratively and ensure follow-up with effective verbal and written communication
- Complete technical research to help assess solutions that satisfy assigned technical objectives
What you should have
- University/College degree within a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years technical experience demonstrating growth in job-related skills
- Strong technical background in Security, Network and Server Administration
- People skills and a desire to provide exceptional customer support
- The ability to learn quickly and think creatively to help your team
- Highly organized with an ability to balance multiple projects and escalations in a demanding environment
- Positive attitude, patience, understanding, dedication and commitment
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate, prioritize and execute tasks
- A willingness to work after hours and/or weekends when required
- Technical experience in the following: Hybrid Azure Active Directory, E-Mail Security Solutions, Endpoint Security Tools, Data Loss Prevention, Network Switching and Routing, Firewall Management, Virtualization Technologies
What you'll get
TCDRS offers a competitive salary, excellent health benefits with a dynamic and rewarding work environment in Austin, Texas overlooking Zilker Park. Our work model includes a hybrid of in-person and virtual.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to the job title in the subject of your email.