Updating your browser will give you an optimal website experience. Learn more about our supported browsers.
Annual Statements are now available online. Members can access them when they sign into their online accounts.
For more information about Annual Statements and our most frequently asked questions, please visit our webpage.
Citrix and Technology Support Team Lead
What we need
TCDRS continues to modernize our Infrastructure services team and develop technical support strategies to better support our hybrid workforce. With the use of a highly secure virtual desktop infrastructure, we can provide a seamless desktop experience for both on-prem and remote users.
We are looking for a highly motivated technical support team lead. In this role, you will mentor and provide leadership for a small team of technical support administrators. Your duties will include providing first line technical support, root cause analysis, process improvement recommendations, and maintaining our virtual and physical desktop environments.
What you'll do
- Administer the current Citrix VDI environment which includes managing host servers within the virtualized VMWare infrastructure.
- Provide leadership for the technical support team – Delivering training and mentoring for the team as needed.
- Be the point of contact for technical escalations within the team.
- Lead all future virtual and physical desktop implementations.
- Monitor desktop metrics and performance to ensure an optimal user experience.
- Apply best practice security recommendations to desktop environments. This can include but not limited to quarterly patching, vendor best practice, and zero-day updates.
- Participate in a monthly desktop maintenance process that often requires working after hours.
- Deliver support for both in office and remote users and equipment.
- Provide leadership in all customer support initiatives.
- Clearly communicate escalated issues to the IT Director as needed.
- Review all technical support related processes and documentation for continuous improvement.
- Lead technology projects as assigned by the IT Director.
- Participate in disaster recovery operations, configurations, and annual rehearsals.
- Help drive decisions collaboratively and ensure follow-up with effective verbal and written communication.
- Complete technical research to help assess solutions that satisfy data driven objectives.
What you should have
- University/College degree within a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 5 to 7 years of experience interfacing with customers in a technical support capacity.
- Strong technical background and ability lead team of support administrators.
- People skills and a desire to provide exceptional customer support.
- The ability to learn quickly and think creatively to help your team.
- Highly organized with an ability to balance multiple projects and escalations in a demanding environment.
- Positive attitude, patience, understanding, dedication, and commitment.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate, prioritize, and execute tasks.
- A willingness to work after hours and/or weekends when required.
- Technical experience in the following: Citrix VDI, VMware administration, Office365, Windows and Mac OS, Mobile device management, Network, and endpoint security.
- Experience with any of the following: VMware Horizon, Intune, ControlUp, FSlogix, Azure, VDI, desktop imaging solutions.
TCDRS offers a competitive salary, excellent health benefits with a dynamic and rewarding work environment in Austin, Texas overlooking Zilker Park. Our work model includes a hybrid of in-person and virtual.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to the job title in the subject of your email.