Updating your browser will give you an optimal website experience. Learn more about our supported browsers.
Data Business Analyst
What we need
TCDRS continues to deliver enhancements to our technology and services that set the stage for our digital transformation. Our strategic technology initiatives include best practice automation, optimized architecture, data analytics, and value-added digital service delivery and communications.
We are looking for a Data Business Analyst to help drive implementation and management of a new data warehousing and business intelligence solution. A detail oriented individual, with strong communication skills and technical understanding will be successful in this position.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with business and technical teams to document and translate business requirements into data driven solutions.
- Manage dashboards, reporting and metrics while applying analytics to implement data solutions that drive value-added services and influence decision making.
- Develop data analytics and business intelligence project plans to include prioritized efforts that add business and technical value using the governance process and Agile project methodology.
- Participate in ongoing data quality management and ensuring data integrity across the enterprise.
- Assist in organizing data from multiple data sources to drive customer value, process decisions, metrics and management reporting. Apply various system data models, data relationships and integrations to create a holistic view for varying stakeholders.
- Interpret data, analyze results and apply statistical techniques that optimize data utilization and provide personalized customer experience.
- Apply complex calculations and SQL system-of-record data objects to meet technical, business and analytical strategies.
- Apply understanding of data analytics, business impact and value, general data structure and technical design principles to engage in project delivery and testing oversight for complex calculations, data analytics, reports and data warehousing.
- Establish governance and methodologies for reporting efficiencies by organizing reporting requests and distilling reports into meaningful business insights.
- Leverage expertise to research and apply new concepts toward technical projects that may include automated testing strategy, release management organization and DevOps, effort and impact evaluation and requirements assessment.
- Execute data driven projects that incorporate technical complexity and business strategy. Assist team members on projects that have technical focus and strategic impact.
- Triage issues with an understanding of impact and design while overseeing technical quality assurance and business testing related to new development and issues resolution.
- Participate in enterprise data architecture review and assist with data model documentation. Move between high level architecture review and “hands on” project delivery.
- Help drive decisions collaboratively and ensure follow-up with effective verbal and written communication.
- Complete technical research to help assess solutions that satisfy data driven objectives.
- Apply data virtualization tools to enable business, process and strategic decisions.
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certifications and experience in quantitative or technical field, information management, statistics or economics.
- Minimum three years of experience in data analysis, data mining, reporting packages or data warehousing.
- Understanding of data models, SQL databases, segmentation techniques, ETL and API management concepts.
- Ability to translate business requirements, data analytics and visualization needs to technical solutions.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with Agile project methodology.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate, prioritize and execute tasks.
- Ability to deliver high quality and value products for internal and external customers.
What you’ll get
TCDRS offers a competitive salary and excellent health benefits with a dynamic, stable and pleasant work environment in Austin, Texas, overlooking Zilker Park. This is not just a job, but a chance to help thousands of Texans plan for the future.
Submit your resume to email@example.com. Please refer to the job title in the subject of your email.