Updating your browser will give you an optimal website experience. Learn more about our supported browsers.
Internal Audit Director
What we need
We are looking for an Internal Audit Director to oversee TCDRS’ internal audit function. The internal audit function conducts independent assurance reviews and provides consulting and recommendations to improve the design and performance of governance, risk management and internal control activities.
This position manages internal audits and advisory engagements, supports external auditors and reviewers and serves as an advisor to managers and directors.
What you’ll do
- Develop an internal audit plan based on an independent risk assessment that is approved by the Executive Team. The plan will outline audit objectives, scope of work and schedule
- Conduct and supervise work on the audit plan including reporting to the executive team and ensuring timelines are met
- Prepare and present written audit reports with recommendations on audit findings. Track and report the status of approved audit recommendations
- Facilitate external audits including the annual financial and the SOC 1 audits. This includes coordinating field work and testing, working with management to edit control descriptions and any responses to exceptions, and reviewing and accepting the final reports for publication
- Consult and recommend policies or procedures to management to ensure appropriate controls and risk mitigation are in place
- Supervise standard procedural reviews, such as the recertification of user access to key information systems and payment-related continuous auditing
- Conduct benchmarking and survey programs that will help monitor achievement of organizational objectives
- Participate in quality assurance of performance metrics and development of business intelligence program
- Supervise one audit analyst, including setting priorities, establishing service levels and ensuring quality of work
What you should have
- Experience in accounting, auditing, and/or finance work. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in accounting, business administration, finance, information technology, economics, or a related field is generally preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another
- Knowledge of professional practice of internal auditing, including the methods and procedures used to examine, verify and analyze operational records, statements and reports
- Understanding of accounting concepts, common business practices and project management methodologies
- Familiarity with Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Institute of Internal Auditors); Generally Accepted Auditing Standards; and Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards
- Preferred experience with SOC 1 and financial audits
- Excellent ability to analyze data, draw reasonable conclusions and recommend effective courses of action
- Effective communication skills including preparing comprehensive work papers, clear and concise audit reports and building cooperative relationships with managers and executives
What you’ll get
TCDRS offers a competitive salary and excellent health benefits with a dynamic, stable and pleasant work environment in Austin, Texas, overlooking Zilker Park. This is not just a job, but a chance to help thousands of Texans plan for the future.
If this sounds like you, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the job title in the subject of your email.