Updating your browser will give you an optimal website experience. Learn more about our supported browsers.
Member Services Representative (Part-Time)
What we need
We are looking for conscientious, focused and professionally motivated employees to join our Member Services team. A passion for helping others is a must.
The primary purpose of our Member Services Representative is to provide quality information and services that are appropriate to the needs of TCDRS members, employers and stakeholders primarily via telephone, but also in person and other communication channels. The Member Services team received more than 115,000 calls last year.
This position works up to 50% in the office, with the possibility of working remotely for the remaining time.
What you’ll do
- Work 20 hours per week (with a daily, 30-minute lunch) to help cover our peak times
- Monday and Tuesday – 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday and Thursday 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Communicate information about TCDRS benefits, services, administrative policies and tax issues primarily via telephone, but also in person and other communication channels
- Handle and analyze customer inquiries, respond to customer requests, determine eligibility for benefits, and investigate and resolve customer problems
- Update customer data and document call information
- Provide written correspondence with approved document templates.
- Calculate and produce basic member benefit estimates
- Suggest and participate in implementing initiatives to improve Member Services effectiveness
- Work toward becoming a Certified Retirement Counselor through the International Foundation for Retirement Education
What you should have
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in customer service, preferably in insurance, banking or retirement
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Interpersonal skills necessary to listen empathetically while conveying courtesy, patience and confidence with all customers
- Ability to stay organized, calm and constructive when handling stressful situations
- Strict adherence to work and break schedules; ability to work occasional overtime, weekends, or extended hours as needed to manage team workload
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
What you’ll get
TCDRS offers a competitive salary and excellent health benefits with a dynamic, stable and pleasant work environment in Austin, Texas, overlooking Zilker Park. This is not just a job, but a chance to help thousands of Texans plan for the future.
Submit your resume to email@example.com. Please refer to the job title in the subject of your email.