Updating your browser will give you an optimal website experience. Learn more about our supported browsers.
Member Services Representative
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for conscientious, focused and professionally motivated employees to join our Member Services team. A passion for helping others is a must. The primary purpose of our Member Services Representative is to provide quality information and services that are appropriate to the needs of TCDRS members, employers and stakeholders primarily via telephone, but also in person and via other communication channels. The Member Services team received more than 112,000 calls last year.
What you’ll do
- This position is scheduled to help cover our peak times (5 hours a day 4 days a week); Monday to Thursday 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Communicate information about TCDRS benefits, services, administrative policies, and tax issues primarily via telephone, but also in person and via other communication channels
- Handle and analyze customer inquiries, respond to customer requests, determine eligibility for benefits, and investigate and resolve customer problems
- Update customer data and document call information
- Provide written correspondence with approved document templates.
- Calculate and produce basic member benefit estimates
- Suggest and participate in implementing initiatives to improve Member Services effectiveness
- Work toward becoming a Certified Retirement Counselor through the International Foundation for Retirement Education
What you should have
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in customer service preferably in insurance, banking or retirement
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Interpersonal skills necessary to listen empathetically while conveying courtesy, patience and confidence with all customers
- The ability to stay organized, calm and constructive when handling stressful situations
- The ability to strictly adhere to work and break schedules; ability to work occasional overtime, weekends, or extended hours as needed to manage team workload
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
What you’ll get
TCDRS offers a competitive salary and excellent health benefits with a dynamic, stable and pleasant work environment in Austin, Texas, overlooking Zilker Park, but this position will be work-from-home until COVID-19 concerns abate. This is not just a job, but a chance to help thousands of Texans plan for the future.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to the job title in the subject of your email.
Providing Retirement for More Than 320,000 Texans
TCDRS is one of the best-funded retirement systems in the nation. Although we provide retirement benefits or “pensions” to hard-working Texans, our unique features distinguish us from traditional pension plans and keep us financially strong.
Members save for their own retirement over the length of their careers. The TCDRS benefit is based on the total final savings balance and employer matching.
Our employers pay 100% of their required contribution rate each year. This ensures that funds are there when needed.
Flexibility & Local Control
TCDRS is not a one-size-fits-all system. TCDRS employers can choose benefit levels to meet their needs and budgets.