Updating your browser will give you an optimal website experience. Learn more about our supported browsers.
Technology Support Team Lead
What we need
TCDRS continues to modernize our Infrastructure services team and develop technical support strategies to better support our hybrid workforce. With the use of a highly secure virtual desktop infrastructure, we can provide a seamless desktop experience for both on-prem and remote users.
We are looking for a highly motivated technical support team lead. In this role, you will mentor and provide leadership for a small team of technical support administrators. Your duties will include providing first line technical support, root cause analysis, process improvement recommendations and maintaining our virtual and physical desktop environments.
What you’ll do
- Administer the current Citrix VDI environment which includes managing host servers within the virtualized VMWare infrastructure.
- Be the team lead for all future virtual and physical desktop implementations.
- Monitor desktop metrics and performance to ensure an optimal user experience.
- Apply best practice security recommendations to desktop environments. This can include but not limited to quarterly patching, vendor recommendations and zero-day updates.
- Participate in a monthly desktop maintenance process that often requires working after hours.
- Be the point of contact for technical escalations within the team.
- Provide support for both in-office and remote users and equipment.
- Clearly communicate escalated issues to the IT Director as needed.
- Review all technical support related processes and documentation for continuous improvement.
- Coach the support team – Provide training and mentoring for the support team as needed.
- Lead technology projects as assigned by the IT Director.
- Participate in disaster recovery operations, configurations and annual rehearsals.
- Help drive decisions collaboratively and ensure follow-up with effective verbal and written communication.
- Complete technical research to help assess solutions that satisfy data driven objectives.
What you should have
- University/College degree within a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 5 to 7 years of experience interfacing with customers in a technical support capacity.
- Strong technical background and ability lead team of support administrators.
- People skills and a desire to provide exceptional customer support.
- The ability to learn quickly and think creatively to help your team.
- Highly organized with an ability to balance multiple projects and escalations in a demanding environment.
- Positive attitude, patience, understanding, dedication and commitment.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate, prioritize and execute tasks.
- A willingness to work after hours and/or weekends when required
- Technical experience in the following: Citrix VDI, VMware administration, Office365, Windows and Mac OS, Mobile device management, Network and endpoint security.
- Experience with any of the following: VMware Horizon, Intune, ControlUp, FSlogix, Azure, VDI, desktop imaging solutions.
What you’ll get
TCDRS offers a competitive salary and excellent health benefits with a dynamic, stable and pleasant work environment in Austin, Texas, overlooking Zilker Park. This is not just a job, but a chance to help thousands of Texans plan for the future. Our work model includes a hybrid of in-person and virtual.
If this sounds like you, submit your resume to email@example.com. Please refer to the job title in the subject of your email.